Friday, September 19, 2008

MB New York Fashion Week


When looking at all the designers pieces, the ones I found I liked the most were the ones of color and feminity. I feel alot of the desingers want to bring "classy" back to womens clothing. Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Diane von Furstenburg, and Calvin Klein all seem to grasp this concept in their works.
The two that enticed me the most were Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta.
Marc Jacobs: very classy, 1920's look, with the waist being emphasized, mix of different patterns, stripes, plus very colorful.
Oscar de la Renta: his designs were timeless and classy. extremely elegant. Every piece was tasteful to wear for women of all ages.
I think classy is a great look to portray. I mean no matter what the occasion is its always a good way to go.

I really loved The Donna Karen collection. As well as William Rast. DKNY, It focused more on natural beauty and the enviornmental colors. The browns, tans, and greens, some blue, were a great way to give an earthy feel. William Rast, I love that americana look. I know they were talking about how Justin Timberlake was involved with the designing, and him being a tennessee boy, you could tell he was in the background inspiring in someway. I'm from NY and I came down here cause I like that whole southern feel. The collection was free, a little rock and roll, alot of denim, and fun.

No comments: